You have always wanted your very own custom leather jacket and you have finally decided
to invest in one. It looks better than you could have ever imagined, but it after regular wear and tear, it will inevitably start to look worn out.
Fortunately, you can keep your custom leather jacket looking as fantastic as the day you bought it. With these care tips, your jacket will always look amazing.
Custom Leather Jacket Care
As soon as you bring your custom leather jacket home and before you even think about wearing it, treat it. Spray it down with a specialty leather spray, such as a scotch guard. Make sure that the spray you use is specially formulated for the type of leather your jacket is made from. Different leathers will require different care. The label will indicate the type of leather your jacket is made from.
Treating your leather jacket will protect it from water, dirt, oil and other types of stains. Reapply the protector once a year.
In addition to treating it, you will also want to clean your leather jacket. Start the cleaning process by purchasing cleaning products that are specialized for leather. To properly clean it, follow these steps:
- Wipe down the jacket with a soft, damp cloth.
- Lightly spray the cleanser to a damp sponge and gently rub it over the surface of the jacket.
- Wipe the jacket down with another clean, damp cloth to remove dirt and residue.
- Condition the jacket with a specialized leather conditioning formula. Apply the conditioner sparingly with a clean, soft and dry cloth.
- Dry the jacket by hanging on a wide, supportive hanger in a room temperature space – it is important to properly dry your jacket after cleaning and conditioning, as well as if it becomes wet in precipitation. Never hang your jacket in an enclosed space when it is wet.
By following these simple care and maintenance tips, you can keep your custom leather jacket looking as good as the day you bought it, five, 10, 15 or more years down the line.